Wednesday, August 3, 2011

{Weekly Weigh In}

Whew! It's been awhile since I've posted and I was seriously dreading this day.

The week I left for vacation I was at 149.2.

We spent endless hours on the road and camping. Saturday-Monday I did pretty good. Then the camping food and snacks presented themselves and I had a hard time resisting cookies, smores, chips and jerky. Blast that food.

We got home Saturday night just before midnight and first thing I did was hop on the scale, with clothes on and saw:
155.6

Holy. Crap.

The next morning I weighed myself, without clothes (which is normally how I weigh myself) and saw:

152.4

Crap-ola.

I can't say I was totally surprised, but I was secretly hoping I had gotten away with eating what I did the last week. Sunday wasn't much better, but Monday morning I jumped back on the bandwagon, starting eating right, drank a ton of water and I've worked out pretty good the last couple days.

This morning I weighed in at:

148.2!

This puts me at just .2 lbs shy of 35 lbs lost total. I know a lot of the weight I had gained the last week was water weight which explains why it came off so fast, but I'm thrilled to have lost everything I gained last week, plus some.

Could I have done better last week? Definitely. Do I have regrets? Not a lot.
I was on vacation with my husband's family that we don't see very often. Although the scale would seem that I did, I know I didn't overly indulge, there was plenty I said no to, so I know it could have been worse... and I dropped the weight back off pretty fast.

It's crazy we are already into August! My goal for this month is to get under 140.

3 comments:

  1. woot!!!!! And yep my motto is enjoy myself while on vacation or whatever and then back to the grindstone when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo, that's awesome! Keep up the momentum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you. you have encouraged me to lose weight again. seeing your progress reminds me that i can do it too!
    -m

    ReplyDelete