Thursday, September 1, 2011

33:34



33:34..that's how long I ran last night..without stopping! I've been running with a friend for a couple months now and we have a 3 mile loop we do. Normally we run a mile, walk a mile and run the last mile. Last week we added a little more to our mile before stopping and last night we said we'd run 17 minutes without stopping. It was windy at first and when we got close to the 1 mile mark I was sooo hoping she didn't really want to run 17 minutes. She didn't stop, so I kept going...Then something strange happened..when we got close to 17 minutes, I suddenly felt like I wasn't going to die anymore! I asked if she wanted to keep going to the 2 mile mark and we said we would give it a try..and then when we were approaching the 2 mile mark, I said what the heck...let's keep going. So we did. We ran the whole 3 mile loop without stopping and did it in 33 minutes and 34 seconds. That was a first for both of us! The longest I had ever ran before last night was 17 minutes when I did that 5K in July...and I haven't ran that long since then. Funny that I was soo struggling tonight to even make it to 1 mile, and somehow I wound up doing 3 miles without stopping.

That and my 40 lbs loss yesterday made for one exciting day yesterday. Just the boost and motivation I need to keep going and remind me that we can do things we thought we couldn't..and sometimes sooner rather than later if we push ourselves a bit!

Now that I know I can run 3 miles straight, I have to keep up with it and work on speeding it up!

3 comments:

  1. OMG THAT IS SO AWESOME.

    I can't wait until I can do that too! Great JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is so dang cool!!! Gives me renewed hope for me being able to run a 5K someday :) Well done!! And congrats on the 40 pounds lost mark too!

    ReplyDelete