Monday, May 9, 2011

Why Do I Do That To Myself??

Why do I do say yes to food when I know I'll regret it later?

Better yet, why do I use a holiday as an excuse to eat worse than usual?

The last 24 hours has consisted of bbq chicken, cheesy potatoes, ice cream, bread, over 200 calories worth of sour patch kids, a turkey burger, french fries and other foods I normally say no to...well at least I have been saying no to for the last 5 weeks.

I think my stomach and body hate me right now. My body is not used to those foods and I think I can almost actually hear it saying blah, bleh, blah...ok, maybe it's not...my stomach is not actually making gross noises...after how I ate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but it is saying I feel totally blah right now, I feel sluggish...shame on you Amy.

I hope this is lessoned learned. I'm not saying I will never eat any of those again, because believe me, I will...just not so much or all in such a short period of time. I did so good at Easter that when mother's day hit, I said I deserve a day to eat what I want...but really, my brain can make that exception, but body isn't going to agree with it.

I'm off to burn off those sour patch and some of that ice cream. I'm hoping tomorrow is a better day. My husband's work is having a dinner party for his department at an italian restaurant tomorrow...carbs...enough said.


1 comment:

  1. I hear ya!! Brunch buffet with my family yesterday was not pretty!!! I just figure it's part of life, though, and as long as it's the exception and not the rule then I'm okay with it!

    ReplyDelete