Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Couch to 5k progress and What I ate today! *edit*


You might be thinking progress already? You only started yesterday!

Yesterday it took me 20.5 minutes to do a mile. So slow. Today I did 1 miles in 17.5 minutes. I'm happy with the improvement but there's still plenty room to improve...and guess what, I've decided to do my first 5k with my sister-in-law next month. The hubster just might be on board to doing it too. The couch to 5k program works you up over 10 weeks, but I've got about 4.5 weeks to prepare. I think hope I can do it. At the end of the couch to 5k program, you're supposed to be able to do a 5k (3.1 miles) in 30 minutes. I'm excited to see how much I can prepare and what my time will be.

Here's what today's meals looked like:

Breakfast:

3/4 c Special K Oat and Honey Cereal
3/4 c almond milk*
banana slices

250 calories
***

Morning Snack:

Fiber One Chewy Bar

140 calories***

Lunch:

1 cup Campbell's Select Harvest Garden Tomato Soup
1 grilled cheese pita pocket**
(one kangaroo pita pocket, 1 slice of Kraft 2% American Cheese singles,
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray butter)
230 calories
***

Afternoon Snack:

Frigo Light String Cheese
10 raw almonds

110 calories
***
Pre-Workout Snack:
Protein Packed Peanut Butter Ball
{recipe here...scroll all the way down}
117 calories
***
Dinner:
{I loved this}
Pita Pocket**- Opened 
2 tablespoons avocado- spread on pita pocket
1/4 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 black beans
a mountain of romaine lettuce
2 tablespoons black bean and corn salsa
311 calories
Today's total so far: 1158 calories
*1 cup of Almond Breeze Unsweetened almond milk has only 40 calories... I love it in cereal, smoothies and oatmeal and it has 50 less calories a cup than skim milk.
**I buy the kangaroo brand pita pockets, I've seen them in white, wheat and honey wheat at my store {Winco}. Under $2 a pack, with 8 halves in a pack. 1 half = 90 calories.
My pita pockets are approaching their expiration date, so I'm trying to use them up...hence the two in one day :) Got to love them.
***
You might notice that I average around 1200 calories a day, but I'm in no way encouraging anyone to stick to a 1200 calorie diet. For some, this might be way too few calories, but for me, I find that I can eat a well rounded diet and stay full on 1200 calories...so that's what I aim for. I'm never starving, and you shouldn't starve yourself either... As they say, consult your doctor before starting any new "diet". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment