Thursday, June 23, 2011

ugh!

Can I just say how much a new trend bugs me?

Fast food restaurants seem to be pushing late night eating so hard right now.

I just saw this ad...
Everybody wins what else? A high BMI?
Thunder thighs?
A muffin top?
This comes after receiving a coupon for buy one combo, get one combo free after 10pm from McDonalds last week...because if one big mac combo at midnight wasn't good enough, you can get a second one to share...or for yourself.

What the h?

Why the late night eating push?
I get they want to up sales by extending their hours, but it totally bugs me.
They aren't advertising to the graveyard shift workers..unfortunately most people who eat that late are the ones that shouldn't...and I don't say that to sound totally judgemental. A lot of the weight I put on in college came from midnight runs for massive burritos from a small mexican restaurant and late night burger runs to Burger King...was I hungry those times? Most of the time no, we were bored and wanted something to do, so why not eat when there are places open to serve you? That came before all the restaurants were pushing the open to midnight or later advertisements. At the same time, so many fast food restaurants are claiming that they aren't causing/adding to America's obesity problem. I say psssht and whatev to that.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.
It just really bothers me to see the fast food industry encouraging late night eating so much.
There was a time I would have seen this coupon and totally jumped on it, but I think I'll pass this time.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. I think they're going for the "bar crowd" also, which is when our resistance against crap food is even lower! Can't say these companies aren't smart. But when you look at Americans now and our overweight kids, I sure wish these companies had more of a conscience and less greedy stockholders.

    ReplyDelete